Throwdowns.com Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations,
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are
protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on Throwdowns.com’s web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Throwdowns.com’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Throwdowns.com at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Throwdowns.com’s web site are provided “as is”. Throwdowns.com makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Throwdowns.com does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Throwdowns.com or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Throwdowns.com’s Internet site, even if Throwdowns.com or a Throwdowns.com authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Throwdowns.com’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Throwdowns.com does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Throwdowns.com may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Throwdowns.com does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Throwdowns.com has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Throwdowns.com of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Processing Fees
For standard (“as-is”) usage of its products and services, Throwdowns.com charges processing fees at the point of sale to the participants of fitness competitions to the extent that is permitted by governing law. Throwdowns.com makes reasonable efforts to explicitly disclose processing fees to the users of its products and services throughout the normal course of business transactions. Throwdowns.com reserves the right to change or modify the amounts of processing fees at the point of sale at any time and will make reasonable efforts to notify any affected parties of any such changes if and when these changes occur.
9. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Throwdowns.com’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Assumption of Risk and Agreement Participation Release of Liability
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the program, related events and activities, I acknowledge and agree that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program are significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death.
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if rising from the negligence of the releasees or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
- I willingly agree to comply with the terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence, or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
- I, for myself, and on behalf of my heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors and assigns, waive and release any and all rights, claims and courses of action I have or may have against the organizers or anyone associated with the entity, it’s Primary Sponsor and it’s affiliates, their agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, the event management company, the City, The Parks Districts, and any and all sponsors, their representatives and successors, that may arise as a result of my participation in the event and any pre-and post-event activities.
- I attest and verify that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for the completion of this program, related event and/or related activities, and a licensed medical doctor has verified my physical condition.
- Further, I hereby grant full permission to any and all of the foregoing to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising.
- I verify that I am either 18+ years of age or that I have parental consent to participate in strenuous physical exercise.